Saturday, March 7, 2009

my winnipeg

is a film I just watched which was beautiful, heartbreaking truth.
a hundred people said it was a must-see for the ex-pats and inhabitants alike.
this is also the beautiful, heartbreaking truth. wanting to simultaneously leave & stay is nothing new for winnipeggers.

though there are mountains of things to be written and rehearsed, I sat down and watched my winnipeg without a care for scholastic consequence. though a single month remains, I find myself dawdling and making good excuses. phoning loved ones, spirit lifting, lazing in warm beds; mes devoirs are often thrust into the back of my skull for hours at a time these times, disconnected.

my winnipeg, what a good excuse to do nothing for awhile. when bikes abound and patios cram. when friends are seen and babies are born. when we will find time to stoop & jaunt, where the people you know are in the streets. when it can be mine and ours, even if it's the one I left. my winnipeg. my winnipeg. my winnipeg.

and then... I will leave again. the dually tragic and perfect part of the plan.

--- ---

other news: the LINK put my story out about the First Peoples Major happening at Concordia and it was picked up by the CUP wire. alllllllright.

--- --- ---

finally, things will get better. I haven't been doing much monde checking lately, but a bunch of ad stuff, a couple candid cameras and a roll of film being processed as we speak will make things exciting soon, promise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home