Monday, January 26, 2009

please take my advice; open up the giant eye

it has been awhile, not like anyone checks this anyways but, apologies.

I was earnest in the first couple weeks to try to write up a little "weekly" about everything going down, academically & otherwise, but have since declined into the throes of a mighty, mighty menstrual flow & haven't felt inspired to lift a finger. This, I hope, is temporary. There are too many things afloat at the moment. A quick few being an interview (or two) tomorrow, theory to read, class to attend, & a resume to drop off at a place which is 100% Quebecois. I need to be en pointe. & instead, I am bleeding.

This is what my horoscope says:

PISCES: Once every few years, a panel of Hindu and Buddhist judges in Nepal chooses a new "living goddess," a young girl who serves, until she reaches puberty, as an incarnation of the deity Taleju. One of the tests each candidate must pass in order to be eligible for the role is this: she must show no fear as she spends a night alone in a room filled with the bloody heads of ritually killed buffalos and goats. Consider the possibility of carrying out a more humane equivalent of that ceremony, Pisces. For one night, keep symbols of what you're afraid of in the place where you sleep. To do so would be an excellent way to earn the right to graduate to the next level of your spiritual evolution.

Pisces like me love this shit.

In lieu of a biblical 'bath water' interpretation of my astrological assignment, I figured a simple list would suffice. Also, quite frankly, I do not want the relics of my fears surrounding me as I sleep; my lover would wonder wtf I was up to. They are the following:

-babies
-silence
-lovers
-bailouts
-indifference
-french

admitting these things blog-wide could also make the list somewhere, categorized under 'exposure' I suppose; I am exposed.

as a kindred birth-mother of feeling mentioned in her blog, list making is an art form in and of itself, perpetually continued, accomplished in spurts and bouts of efficiency or alternately left malignant, lingering, lengthening day by day. I hope I am on an upward swing towards of the former. Here it is:

"Decade" 2 disc cd set - Neil Young

-the void (for fun)
-momentum mag (for a feature)
-citizenshift (news distribution)
- CV to cinematheque quebecoise (for money)

- make rob vilar a shirt before he goes, preferably mashables

NEWS REACT STORY - develop questions, meet c.townshead, remember to breathe and smile

Readings WS 290, 291, 292 & Gender & Journalism 320:
- "experience"
- The Second Sex: "Destiny"
- TB, hooks Ch 1-4

LOOK UP APOCALYPTIC IMAGES (written in caps, of course)

this is my life, people.

--- --- ---

the other day I was walking down a metro platform and my favorite sassy redhead screamed my name from across the tracks. Prior to this public salutation, I haven't run into anyone on streets in MONTHS and it is starting to feel normal. Thank goodness for Winnipeggers & their saturated but inevitable social situations. I miss(ed) this.

& speaking of winnipeggers, I should apologize to all of you for commencing tactical attempts to lure one of your finest away thisaway. the confession being that I delivered a pr-etty convincing argument to one mr. rob 'golden' vilar (over 3 bottles of red, a quiche, and a bar of chocolate) that montreal is the place for him. we will see what transpires, but the prod is on. I am nudging.

& finally, for visual pleasure:



culturejam (more on manstream) & an infatuating lady drawn in class.



thats all I got, loco.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know...the mustaches you outline in this post seem to hint to what my professor debbie s would call the 'vaginal space,' either this was inadvertant or a specific juxtoposition of the 'maleness' of the handlebar with the 'space' in between....either way, it's cool.

January 28, 2009 at 12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home