Friday, February 6, 2009

debbie debutante






so there was a themed party last night, composed almost exclusively of ex-pats from winnipeg. Everybody knows kevin bacon. The original theme of the party (because parties always have a purpose in mtl & usually involve some type of costume) was 'gitch hat' but was then changed to 'debutante.' This is what I came up with. Finding inspiration from Brett Donahugh's old gitch elastic (the pure & simple bit), I combined the two thematically. The elastic was bestowed to me on another one of our red-wine-and-dine weeklies because, in the actors words, 'it is a waste to throw away perfectly-good gitch elastic' though the gitch themselves have become thinned & holey. whatever, I stitch ripped that sucker into a party costume, wore it as a bow, headband, and garter (white-wedding style. I will be proposed to come vday) & could not be more content. Brett, from this point forward, will save his gitch elastic for me forever; expect gitch crafts in the mail, friends.

(In addition to my gitch craft pics, I took a roll 35mm that will make its way on here ....apparently red attempted the splits)


god, what a ramble. but last night was crazy. my head feels in the same state as the eggs in my lap. I am a sorry excuse for 'breakfast as dinner.' time is meaningless at the moment. There were perhaps a few too many bevvies down the hatch heir soir, too much new information/drama about the various goings-ons of one great city (weddings! babies! divorces!), bountiful drunken french spoken, nay, drunken franco-manitoban french spoken, and SO many st viateur bagles to sop up poison in the last 48 hours. check those bags. I am going to be straight for the week...

or, not. "I went to harvard to become a lesbian" & I was not the first... (judith. judith butler everyone) but, straight or gay, I have a shit ton of homework to do. mostly of the reading and paper-writing variety. so I should probably quit wasting away on here and get at er.

but expect a link to the link on tuesday & pictures to follow; I am HOT for a clipping & britt splits, loco.

1 Comments:

Blogger wilfbelf said...

You bet.
I dare you to hang out with me while I'm there.
I'll rephrase... Please hang out with me while I'm there. I may or may not have a job. If not, I'll have projects out the wazoo. I'll have to so I don't feel like a bum(baclat).

wilfbelf

February 11, 2009 at 11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home