Sunday, June 8, 2008

a well deserved light

currently I laze, facing a turning fan and watching the smoke from my lips cast itself to and fro, lost in the violent storm of electric wind. I am completely naked, completely satisfied and completely deserving of this liberation after a hellish forty plus workweek, catering to formula1 yankee jocks and 'fashion' girls adorned in oversized, expensive looking purses/sunglasses. At this moment I couldnt be more at ease & I wouldnt mind never to see montreal again. Not montreal personally, per say, but montreal 'en masse'. Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Montreal Monde Festival or some fashion shit with Formula 1 grand prix shit on St. Catherines and a sidewalk sale up st. Laurent. I have never seen more people stroll down a sidewalk sale or shop commercially in all my years of retail. It is incredible to come from a canada day on osborne & to now sell fares on both of these streets, where trendsetters and aforementioned losers roam numerous and free, satisfying my every people-watching-desire to a tee while completely exhausting me. I have seen the cutest (fashion) elders in the world. I have seen beautiful mothers and fathers, hosting multiple interesting children. (nb. talking to french children is hilarious and often easier than talking to their beautiful parents) I have certainly never EVER seen more normals in fanny packs and cameras, and obviously I was disenthused by the 1028475859309294857549439303 american apparel signifiers that abounded this town.

my mood was quickly remedied though, I saw the chester molester himself, walking tall amongst models in all his four foot glory. - - - - - - -dfjsoigjsdoihesoijfwoiejfeowingoiegioew.

I think that perhaps that was the hilight of my weekend - but let me explain myself before you criticize. I know that this sounds starstuck and I cant wholly deny my gawk-factor because I didnt take my eyes off of his mint green 'vertically integrated' polo shirt until he was lost away in the rest of the crowd, but it was amazing. I have heard (and written) the darndest things about that dude since the SECOND aa stormed my hometown (thank you again, brent), & the chance to reside within his unaware radius & study his moves from afar was intense for me. the man, the legend, the 'revolution'.
viva la mexico and legalize LA, ouai?

but it ends there & I'll get onto another train now... I am contented and excited to embracing mtl in these upcoming months. I want a voisinage so badly & everyone I have met on the block these days make it seem like it is possible to build up a little community. i cant wait to bump into people I know on the streets and support local friends. I want more art shows and music shows and burlesque shows and dance parties. I want fluent conversations. I want LOCAL. it could be that I am starving for winnipeg, or perhaps I just feel really at home at the moment; I dont know.


- - - - - - - - -

sort of like the weather if you live on the fleuve st laurent, my mood is constantally alternating between extremes. Starvation for lifted humidity & billowing wind while sitting naked in front of your fan one minute, standing in your underwear (I have close neighbours) while the cold rain comes doWN & being electrified by lightning storm the next. I have found myself caught up in the pendulum these days; confident & terrified. excited for the things to come, while mourning the things that are to go.

I have no idea what the months will bare, besides work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home