Monday, May 26, 2008

non, rien de rien.


I sit with heavy eyes in low light, listening to edith piaf and admiring her. these last couple of weekends were madness and I think my legs will never be the same, but I am satisfied. if I am to recount this story it has to be done fast, when it is still on the mind and while the beats keep ringing in my ears. first: thursday at barfly ... dive dive dive me to the moon. Canadiens decoration throughout. A very cool moustache on the bathroom mirror. the crowd? besides the boozers and bikers, the it was mostly friends, lovers and roommates - which suited me just fine. the mics and setup were blowing it, but that added to our character as we were yelling half of the time & handing out tambourines, drums, bells etc to anyone who was sort of dancing. secondly: Divan Orange sunday: opening for the headlights and the submarines... which was definately unexpected. bar: rad. good venue, gallery, eats & beers on the tapé a buddy I know through emile had his beaut stuff all over the walls as well, which made it feel more comfortable somehow. crowd: strangers and established-band followers, a couple french buddies of mine, less co-workers to cushion our potential suck... but it was fucking awesome. Alex and I were our own mosh pit. (he kicked me right in the mouth with his foot - which is now sprained; how I walked away with only a little purple lip is a mystery to me) and afterwards we got a couple of 'who are you guys' from some ACTUAL french from france and a 'gig' at a house party to boot. woot woot. the end result? crazy dancing to dispell awkwardness, which is a segway to why my lip is swollen. so. much. fun. I think that perhaps the mild mannered submarines were NOT psyched that the fucking crazy synth band seizuring on the floor killed their indiefolk high, but the headlights LOVED it. and I love them... we got along so well, in fact, that we ended up all going to the village for kareoke and resto du for some poutine at 4am. they are, bar none, THE coolest americans I have met to date. (chicago is like winnipeg, I am told)...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - -



Non, rien de rien,
Non, Je ne regrette rien
Ni le bien qu'on m'a fait,
Ni le mal
Tout ca m'est bien egal
Non, rien de rien,
Non, Je ne regrette rien
Car ma vie, car me Joies
Aujourd'hui ca commence avec toi

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --

and speaking of winnipeg: get ready to welcome me back with a lover in tow, (thanks to the unexpected/majorly appreciated charity of my parents) We should be in around the 25th or so & he will be leaving back to france on the 30th, I plan on staying... for at least a couple of weeks... maybe a month until le potential rendez vous à morocco IF I can under-the-table-work or legitimately get hired back for a month at the places who knew me as mule... we will see. plans are heavy in the air but I am excited for whatever conspires. I WILL be in winnipeg at the close of july, though............... cant wait.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dick said...

"Piaf worked her instrument beyond physical limitation, tongue-fucking every word, wrapping each note in a coiled vibrato, and then, by force of will and despite her gamine frame, shot it all into the mic like her vocal chords and passion were amped by a Marshall stack set at 11."

'tongue-fucking' reminded me of you

June 11, 2008 at 2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home