Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Of Montreal




The past is a grotesque animal
& in its eyes you see
how completely wrong you can be.
How completely wrong you can be
Its so embarrasing
to need someone like I need you,
how can I explain??
I need you here, but not here too.
How can I explain I need you here but not here too?
Im flunking out Im flunking out
Im gone. Im just gone.
But at least I offer my own disaster.
Before this breakdown,
and I dont want to hear it,
Im just not available.
Things could be different but they're not.

The cruelty is so predictable.
Its like we weren't made for this world.
Though I wouldnt really want to meet someone who was.

Do I have to scream in your face?
Throw it all in my face, I dont care.
Lets just have some fun.
Lets just tear this shit apart.
Lets tear this fucking house apart.
Lets tear our fucking bodies apart.
Lets just have some fun.

The gestapo is circling my heart
& nothing can defeat you,
no death no ugly world
you live so brightly,
you've altered everything
I find myself searching for old selves,
while speeding forward through the plate-glass of maturing cells.

Sometimes I wonder
if you're mythologizing me like I do you
Mythologizing me like I do you.

You can betray me. You have betrayed me.

Teach me something wonderful
crown my head, crown my head
with your melting effects
project your fears on to me
I need to view them
to see that there's nothing to them
I promise you there's nothing to them

I'm so touched by your goodness
you make me feel so criminal
How do you keep it together??

no matter where we are, we're always touching by underground wires...

I watch you with the detachment of an analyst


none of our secrets are physical
none of our secrets are physical
none of our secrets are physical now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Livros e Revistas, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://livros-e-revistas.blogspot.com. A hug.

April 10, 2008 at 12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home