Wednesday, April 30, 2008

simone de beauvoir bound





(27pigeons)

so, it is official.

two thumbs north, concordia. Major: Journalism; Minor: Womens Studies (quite a surprise, my second choice was french)

I could not be happier, obviously; though I would still fancy france. Perhaps at Christmas. If I dont get my Quebec Residency school is going to cost an arm and a leg so what is another thousand dollars on a student loan hey? I'll pay it off when I'm thirty.

Donc, that is the neighbourhood. not my neighbourhood, thank god, but burlington nonetheless. I spent a week with my uncle and grandparents at an elderly pace. I read a whole book, watched women on the view bicker at eachother and was thouroughly disappointed with what the value village had to offer me in terms of gems. Niagra Falls is cool as heck though.

When I returned I had a six month to attend to, which happened to befall the same nite as an 'elderly' themed party put on by the UQAM art students. Remi & I farine'd our hair & away we went. Forever young.

Oh, but the best part was that no one else really dressed up as hardcore as us, so there I was - the seul elder anglo with mumbum in FULL effect - amongst hip art students dancing to fardoche.










this is remi, my old husband:

full apologies - for the record - that all these pictures are sideways. I am totally illiterate; the fact that I basically failed ' intro communication technology ' while simultaneously making it into journalism baffles my mind, but I'll accept it.






---------- finally, may I present the newfound fresh visuals I have found on my walk to work. Both queercapitalism & barcode bush are GENIUS, n'est pas? I want to start tagging shit like that in a BIG way. Especially when I get back to winnipeg this summer

... I know a storefront that could use a little moustache...


-------> expect me home at the end of july, tba.









but otherwise, JANELLEJOY is hitting the mtl hard in next week, which will be met with sangria raqlette nights, scissor tattoos and el perro del mar as she rings in her anniversaire. The anticipation is killing me, obviously, but in the meantime I will continue to catch the graff.

also, all others should know that - while I am not an ambassador for winnipeg - I AM going to be sticking around these parts for the next four years as it turns out, which is ample time for visits & hangouts if a vacation is due... hm?












but Im off to level 5 french class. bien contente, larrybeth III


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home