Wednesday, April 1, 2009

twitter

THIS is what I just did while I should have been studying. though finishing up an exam instead of pa-reuse-ing the news should be a priority but I feel a sort of reckless abandon at the moment. The list in front of me? staggering. absolutely staggering. tonight I have to finish a profile, a take home exam and a paper. tomorrow I am the lucky recipient of ANOTHER exam, will participate in a (fakey) focus group, apply for NEXT years courses, and prepare for masthead for my second night in the office. After working both Saturday and Sunday with my job and my job with the paper, I will write and finish ANOTHER exam and paper before putting out a second round of features. welcome to my life. one would think, in the shadow of mountainous academia such as this, that I would hunker down - and I have been - and get to fucking work - but I have been. It is in these times, when screen, brain and retina have been interlocked in an orgy of exhaustive hours, that I wonder why we academics do it to ourselves. what is it that really motivates the sacrifice to the institution? what is it that makes us weigh and merit these systems? these processes of consuming knowledge? what is the fucking point?

Granted, I have the coffee shakes. I am grumpy. I am stressed when I look at the list in my agenda, so perhaps these elements are lending themselves straight to the heart of my subjectivity about school at the moment. fuck school. schools for geeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home