Friday, April 3, 2009

lunette debate




new specs. four eyes. thick prescription. minus seven. yay? nay? whatayasay?

POST TEXT: who knew that a simple pair of sunglasses-turned-realdeal glasses could cause such a commotion! People feel strongly in either direction, but the numbers are neck & neck. It pleases me to break even this way; I enjoy provoking people's assumptions and expectations of glasses. The blunt-edged honesty about the state of my face today had me cresting peaks and valleys of self-esteem and I appreciate this. Especially if it inspires a best friend on the other side of the country to be in touch after six months and tell me " ... ... hmmm ... ... yeaaaaaaah not so much." (I love you Pape.)

So what is it? the girl who lived? or the girl who lived in a fishbowl?
The jury isn't out yet.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a yaysayer.

God damn, Lo. You could make styrofoam look good. Do whatever the hell you want, you got it!

Madge

April 5, 2009 at 10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home