Monday, December 8, 2008

lay the tracks

I forgot to share these gems from expozine:
JP KING did them well
& I uploaded another one on the manstream
(which I expect certain lady bike enthusiasts will enjoy)



I have been decadent in my purchasing of art, lately. It is even better traded, though. even best when it is given. many ideas of collective magic have been bubbling all around me. starting with neil young, turning wide eyed and full of questions, to zine making on the corridor (if we don't eat our hats (we won't)), to moustache building, to CKUT, to things that are not schoolwork. to things that are mine.



it feels good and productive, but siphoning energy away from where it should be in these final days, hours, minutes, marks. I feel good, but I'm OVER a first term, thanks. it was wonderful but I want it done. I want to enjoy capote and my own musings. The institution doesn't have an everlasting hold on me, I have discovered, but still cannot wait for a school chomage second semester. but FIRST! can news be objective? has it ever been? what factors conspire against it? these are the questions laid out before me and which i must pay particular attention to in the coming days. I have sat on this issue for awhile, reviewed the facts, and am happy to report that the academics agree with me: it is an idealized, elevated, impossible practice for a person to be entirely objective about anything - ESPECIALLY MEDIA - now if all the conglomerates tumble we can start over as citizen journalists on the internet and if everyone will admit their biases we could go back to a revolutionary press once again! independence!
in obvious conclusion, media power in limited hands doesn't serve anyone who doesn't have an agenda or a finger in the pie. long live the internet, the high-tech throwback print press of 1608 today! at our fingertips! limitless! but I should really quit wasting time & get on with it. nobody marks a blog and CERTAINLY no one pays for its maintenance. not yet.

well, actually today I marked this , which nullifies the previous sentiment because I would certainly pay this person to keep posting. & it reminded me of you, cbass. right up the alley. enjoy.

the third eye opens, loco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home