Tuesday, April 6, 2010

managing

editor;

it is difficult to jump the ranks.
once, we were all equals. 
but now, somehow, the power has tipped. 
I want respect (fear), 
but, of course, 
to remain loved*

what is power? really?             ...                .... determination? ethic? ambition?
who has it? who manipulates it?

especially among friends, lovers, colleagues. 

I don't know if I can do it. I really don't.
How do you strike a balance? or eternal composure? 
Time, money, energy, curiosity, burnout.

I cried twice today. My god. twice! 
I haven't cried in a long, long while. 
It soothed me, strangely.

3 a.m. and the production comes to a close.
relationship with a newspaper: complicated.
Now I should just sleep on it. 


 







 

*this is an impossible desire while on a paper


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home