Tuesday, November 25, 2008

l'étages bébé


back in action. stalled action. it seems that every time i sit down to write something for SCHOOL I get distracted by the prospects of things I want to write for people other than professors. I don't want to write another fire story, thanks, even IF I appreciate the necessity. I dont want to write for tv, thanks, because tv is a virus; a crutch of (a cause of?) depression. they proved it this week. & really, I would rather just enjoy working the craft. writing and working to defend some version of democracy and information. but everyone is telling us its dooms day... papers going under. conglomerates capsizing in a capitalist shitstorm that IS the economy. recession for everyone! there is only one thing keeping my chin up at this point; if hey bail out the banks and the auto industry, SURELY they will bail out papers. surely. they must! musn't they? it is written into constitutions. way before the banks and the cars... right?? journalism is the backbone of a healthy democracy right?? RIGHT??? somehow I continue to find pleasure in it. even if its doomsday.

so instead of writing what I am supposed to thus far today, I wrote a hefty email to budyk; an enormous weight off my shoulders, heart, head. it's funny what a little e-contact can do to a morale. after budyk, I switched gears & went to the book of madge, who satisfies me everytime. & then to b harvey, who I cream my jeans for on a regular basis, and then to dick & after that it just continues, on and on and on. down the list of people sharing, posting, publishing; editorial-less and free. It is interesting to be a snoop like that. to check the scene & keep up with people and events I dont know or am not a part of. obviously some of it is brutal, but most of it is interesting on some sociological level at least. if I dont have a facebook what do you expect me to do? everyone cyber pervs on something these days...

There was no point to this post at all, which almost makes me want to retract previous statements made about the state of my work ethic. I have homework I am putting off by diving head first into the distracting realm of blogging and wasting time. six hundred words I need to slay before the day is out, but am mentally checklisting the things that I would want to do for fun - like getting ready for expozine or looking into the ethical business of thrifting - but alas. duty calls, the school bell rings & I need to be good to my words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home