Friday, September 12, 2008

bush nursery rhymes.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7610959.stm

'these years have seen justice delivered to evil men and battles fought in distant lands... but this year... on each... '

what an idiot.


---

I write with ink-stains on my fingertips and the pangs of fear in my heart. Despite the fact that my first critique is crossed off the teeming list of things I need to research/write, I do not feel accomplished in the least. The workload was expected, yes, but not the magnitude of available information bombadeering in this direction at all times from all sides of debate. I attempt to wade through it. The technological world is astounding. The speed at which good reporters do their work (for the CP et al) is nothing short of intense. What a regiment I am subject to. I have been flying off the rocker.

The things which loom are these: critique number one review & edit. Group A newspaper weekly analysis. News quiz. History of journalism readings. 500 word letter to prof about six chapters in the textbook and 52 pages of the interview book. Archiving the front page of 'la presse' every day for a week. A possible article in the link about abortion (I might decline). A possible article in the next couple weeks about a burlesque troupe (I certainly will NOT decline) A monthly monologue for Rob Vilar (because it keeps me normal) and FFF lyric jams. whew, fuck.

as anticipated, I am back in the throes of academia and mulehood. My school days are subject heavy. my days off are banging on. It is a weird existence. I don't believe I will ever be fully 'off' again in a long time. The risk is too great. I feel guilty when I work because I know I should be dedicated to what I write. I feel full when I write, but how does a writer feed or fund themselves in the literal sense? Words are not enough nutrition and don't pay my tuition. (that was for georgedubya!)

something important. for real. is that advertisements are the ones who dictate the news in this modern world. they essentially fund it. we have no chance in hell, if car ads have anything to do with it. it is a sick media world we live in. absolutely. sick.

speaking of media sickness... Lately feminism (in its myriad of forms) has been a prominent subject in these elections. Everyone is crying sexism, at one point or another. Hillary. Palin. Elizabeth May. Women in Politics!! Change is coming, says McCain! What is more progressive, right? fuck no. Does anyone remember Kim Campbell? CBC search that lady up. I'm with her all the way. fuck conservative right wingers claiming change by promoting a 'bush-in-a-skirt'. fu-uck. also. what does it mean when a female politician is 'man-handsome' (sorry hillary) ? what does it mean to be the champion of fertility & have five children in middle class (white) America? Do the expressions 'hockey mom' or 'beauty queen' carry significant weight in the arena/pageant of political discourse? & why does the media often ignore all the things coming out of womens mouths and focus instead on the colour of their lipstick? its a sick fixation in the female political arena because the myth lives! bottom line. If Palin gets McCain in, North America and the world is basically fucked. If Palin gets McCain in and he dies, we're done for. & I feel just so sorry for Elizabeth May right now. Really. There isn't a single flattering photo of her anywhere in the canadian news, take a look. Its all chins and angles. Could this be why she isn't popular with the boys in the house? Hm?
In lieu of all this beauty racket, I have decided to become as man-handsome as possible so people take me seriously. hah. it is the only way...

--- --- ---

look at this. ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home