Sunday, July 11, 2010

rings true; ideas

. montreal mirror predictions .

Have you fallen in omnidirectional love these past few weeks? Are you swooning with such reckless splendor that at times you feel like you're swimming in mid-air?

You have an urgent need to be caught up in a vortex of free-form affection. Your receptivity to being tickled and spun around by an almost insane outpouring of libidinous empathy is crucial to your education. Boisterously tender feelings are what the cosmos are aching to fill you with.



--- lovevelo.velolove

someone gave me a parting gift three years ago: four letters. (e,l,o,v)

two words are made of these letters and, incidentally, the word has changed form in my new room and home. Mostly I have been unscrewing, allen keying, greasing, steel-wool-ing, breaking down and building up a bike. Thinking about mechanics. Yep, it's happening: stereotypical hipster mile end twentysomething making a fixed-gear bicycle to ride in the winter in her apartment. Yep, wouldn't be happening without the red-blooded American twentysomething messenger bike mechanic roommate. Yep, we've devoted a room in our house to whips even though we said we wouldn't. Yep. love velo. velo love.

Good read lately? Bike Snob NYC - the book!

----omnidirectional?

Woah. what a concept. fuck. my. life.

So, maybe you knew this already but I'm single. ono. for the first time during a Montreal summer in my life. So what, right?

Wrong. During a Montreal summer, shit goes crazy for the singles. Something jumps in dark alleyways and crowded dancefloors, on bike paths and in all-night water parcs. Hanging out on balconies bbqing or smoking. Picking up groceries. At the pool. It's bat shit bananas. People! Lusty, lusty people beyond words to describe them. gah.

I'm not going to get into the details. I'll tell you when I get into town, but the most interesting one of allis that lately I have been ... ahem ... pursued by a couple. An "open" couple. A NYC-bred but living in Mtl couple. It's unconventional. This, obviously, has made me really start wrapping my brain about 'monogamy' v. 'plurality'

This, coupled with bouts of no-consistent-spoon blues is just too much. I don't know what to think!

A new friend is currently making a film about the montreal sex scene, which I am very interested in. The open couple in question gave an excellent interview for the project, I'm told. When I can link it, I'll link it and it will be the weirdest thing that's ever happened to me on this blog.

They invited me to an insane body painting party yesterday, and the relics of the night - regular faces in my neighbourhood coffee shop (recently reopened!) - donned the marks of sexy artfag shenanigans via streaks of faded acrylic on tanned or freckled skin. Holy painted plurality.

I often wonder if I can go there, really.

---my wpg

so I'm back again in, like, a day. I'm not ready.
I spoke at length about this with many winnipeggers to date: going back makes you question everything. There's this six-month itch of wondering where you'll fit - here or there - and who you'll be on the flight back "home"

--- lived for weeks without the internet

& I loved it. I almost objected to getting it because we actually read books and listened to the CBC 24/7 and it was lovely. Life without the internet made me seriously consider it as a necessity in an apartment. (maybe that's what the office is for!?)

Life is just too sweet without it: knocking door to door, waking up neighbours from naps, leaving notes to invite you over. we making many, many meals, leafing through yellow-paged, dog-eared cookbooks. Random afternoon salads and tea when a friend nips in on a whim.

Heck, life without the internet is great. Once it came back, I wasted all kinds of time in my underwear obsessively reading (news, blogs and internet garbage).

the internet changes everything and I actually might prefer the real world.


---- flight.

Is expensive, but necessary?
damn I wish Karmen was coming with me,

LB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home